Thursday, January 10, 2019

What’s on Your Bucket List?

I don’t remember this expression “bucket list” from my childhood. I don’t think I heard it until this past decade. But people use that expression to me all the time.

I never had a bucket list. Did you? It is nice to do cool stuff and to want to do more cool stuff but I don’t understand the idea of having a list of things you want to do or see before you die. “ Life is what happens while you are making other plans.” A great line written by a man who got shot to death shortly after writing it.

I  currently want to go  horseback riding in the Andes Mountains.. Thus far I have scheduled rides three times and each has been cancelled. So how exactly does this bucket list thing work? Should I keep obsessing on it until I make it happen? Maybe the universe is trying to tell me to let it go. I’m more of a go-with-the-flow type of person. Ok, this didn’t work out, now go on to the next thing.

This week I wanted to walk on the second tallest mountain in the world,  Aconcagua. Didn’t happen.  Instead I spent two days on Tupungato, the eighth tallest volcano on earth, (21,555 feet).



I wanted to go river rafting.  Instead I went to thermal heated waters.
I expected to visit a winery. Instead I went to a local asado (a home party with endless meat).

You don’t take a trip. A trip takes you.

But I know, or at least read about people who have a dream. They want to climb Everest, or see Paris. And they do what they need to do to make this happen. I never really had goals. Or a career path. Maybe this is an astrological thing. I do have a lot of water in my chart. And so does Franklin. So here we are, on an endless vacation with no clear idea of where we will be two or three weeks from now. Just flowing along.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog usually doesn't allow comments so if you can't post them, please email. I'd love to hear from you.