Thursday, September 19, 2019

Oh, how I Would,Love To Show You Photos Of The Prettiest Village In France


 I bet you didn’t expect to hear from me again so soon but I just went to a picturesque medieval village, considered to be the most beautiful village in France and I would really like to post photos. But I can’t. Possibly I don’t have enough bandwidth? I really don’t know. So I added some photos to my email, as before and posted more on Facebook.

I can see that the theme for this trip is going with the flow rather than planning ahead. This is not my nature but OK,  whatever works. 

I was already on the train this morning from Strasbourg to Colmar, another lovely Alsatian city before I discarded my plan to visit two beautiful villages today. The two villages are near Colmar and only about 5 miles apart but you-can’t-get-there-from-here, a concept those of us who have lived in Phoenix are very familiar with. And frankly seeing one of the most beautiful villages in France was probably enough eye candy for one day. 

As in other French villages I have visited in the past, there were many shuttered windows. I think the shutters are closed because no one lives there anymore. Or maybe they are now weekend homes. For one reason or another they have moved away. More economic opportunities in cities perhaps. Yes, there were some people walking around Kaysersberg, but they were all tourists. 

Just one last thing. When I arrived I had no cash and wondered how long I could get along without any cash. It is now 4 1/2 days later and have spent very little cash. Maybe $50 or $70. I’m surprised. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog usually doesn't allow comments so if you can't post them, please email. I'd love to hear from you.