Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Walk in the Woods

Franklin loves hiking and is taking long walks on the beach twice a day (me, once a day). But sometimes it is just too windy to walk on the beach even with multiple layers of sweatshirts and jackets. So we are now starting to explore woods hikes in the area. There is a nice park near us and these are some pictures from there.


Wildflowers
Blackberries are weeds here. These aren't quite ripe yet. However I just heard from a friend (Hoa) who is an hour away in Corvalis and she said she had just collected enough berries to make jam.
This area is called Beaver Creek. There are swamps and a river as well as the woods. When I took this photo I heard a big splash in the water. I think I must have just missed seeing a beaver or nutria. Nutria look like beaver but they have a different tail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog usually doesn't allow comments so if you can't post them, please email. I'd love to hear from you.