Sunday, July 27, 2014

Our Life At The Beach

I enjoyed writing the blog. It is a good way for me to remember what we did and where we went. So I thought I would continue doing it. Not perhaps every day, as I don't have that much to report. But every few days when I have something to say or some nice new photos I thought I would post what we are doing.

First- here are a few new beach photos. The weather has been very clear. I don't know if this is usual or not at this time of year. All I can say is it is not the weather that we had in Lincoln City the last two summers. And Lincoln City is just half an hour north of here. It was cool and grey and foggy most of the time. Perhaps the weather will change and follow that pattern in August. We shall see.
This is Franklin walking down to the beach near our house. We are not directly on the beach. It takes 15 minutes to walk there. But it is a pleasant walk. We go to the beach about twice a day, morning and evening. As you can see we have to cross a small stream on the beach to walk further.
Isn't this a nice photo of Franklin walking on the beach with some seagulls? This is exactly what it looks like. A deserted beach. And a few birds. 
These two photos go together. A few days ago we went to a different beach and saw these artists painting pictures of the beach, the rocks, and ocean.  There are massive boulders off shore. Next time I'll send some photos of the rocks and beach that I can see out my window in the living room. We have a fabulous ocean view.


Yesterday was Saturday and we went to our local farmers market, then on to a county fair in a nearby town.It is a pretty good farmer's market and I got a lot of fruit and vegetables.
 I got local cherries and wonderful blueberries. I've been making a lot of blueberry pies but need to stop because I am gaining weight. 
Then we went on to the county fair. It had the usual games and rides and foods, but the reason we went was to see a lumberjack show where men who cut down trees for a living were competing for prizes. It was interesting to watch the contest. 
 This photo shows the county fair in the background and a man cutting a big log with a chainsaw in the front. Tht was one of the contests.
 In the photo below a man runs up a log, and cuts a small slice off of it then runs down the log (to the left).
We never saw anything like this before. It was fun to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog usually doesn't allow comments so if you can't post them, please email. I'd love to hear from you.