Saturday, March 3, 2018

Cascais

  It’s been raining for a solid week. Not every minute but every day. As an Arizona gal I have now progressed from “eeek! rain !”to “hey, there is no lightening,  let’s go take a walk”

.We have spent some of this time trying to dry our laundry with a hairdryer, iron, and space heater. Apparently it is common for homes here to have a washer but not a dryer. Air drying may work fine in sunny weather but not in nonstop rain. The forecast is for another solid week of rain next week. 
 We have been staying in a three floor house in the old, quaint part of Cascais. I can’t tell you how much I like it here. Such a cute neighborhood. 


That is our house on the right. 

As I wait for my laundry to dry I’ve been eating some outrageous chocolate from the Chocolate Festival a few blocks away. II is held in a large tent near the public market. We went last night when it first opened because it wasn’t raining too hard.  But I wonder how many people are venturing out today. It really is raining hard this morning. 
I am only posting one photo from the chocolate festival because, well, chocolate here looks like. chocolate there. Except this huge dinner plate sized meringue stuffed or perhaps drizzled with chocolate. It caught my eye because meringue is very sensitive to humidity. I want to go back today to see if they have collapsed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog usually doesn't allow comments so if you can't post them, please email. I'd love to hear from you.