Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Lisbon and Sintra,Portugal

We are recovering but not yet fully recovered from the upheaval of uprooting from our former home and living our of a suitcase for the foreseeable future. We are fine with living in hotels and rental houses/apartments (we’ve  been doing it half the year for seven years already) but we are not yet completely relaxed this time around.

So I don’t have much to say yet about our travels except that we spent a few days in Lisbon.  It Is very nice, as everybody said it would be, but a little crowded for me even off-season.  I thought I could escape the bus loads of Chinese tourists that seem to be everywhere on the planet these days by coming to Lisbon rather than a more major city but I was wrong. So we headed outside of Lisbon to the beach at Cascais. This turned out to be a terrific choice with charming cobblestone walking streets, quaint restaurants, nice people, great walking, and terrific architecture.

I’d  like to share some photos here of Lisbon and Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage village  nearby with a whole lot of castles and palaces.  Feel free to email me with any comments or questions. I just don’t have the energy yet to write a lot of descriptions about these places on the blog right now.

I would like to post some photos of Cascais as well but am having trouble posting them here and now so they will be in the next post.

Below this post is a second post which I didn’t send out previously. It is more of an essay or philosophical rant on my observations that many people seem to be experiencing their lives through their cellphones.

Cascais Stormy Seas

Y





Sintra streets, castles, and palaces








No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog usually doesn't allow comments so if you can't post them, please email. I'd love to hear from you.