Friday, August 3, 2018

Lisbon Photos



I was overwhelmed by the number of photos I took on my recent trip to Europe. But now I have the time to sort through them. I am posting some from a different city/country every few days on Facebook over the next few weeks but I'll post some here too for those of you who don't use Facebook.
We stayed on a nice square. Our hotel is straight ahead


A detail from the view from our room
A nearby sideway arcade 

 

A group touring a ruin
The Portuguese churches that I saw were less elaborate than the ones in other countries. 
A gorgeous huge art deco sculpture from the Gulbenkian Museum

Another piece from the Gulbenkian Museum. Calouste Gulbenkian was one of the richest men in the world during and after WWII and had on of the best art collections in the world. 

A street mural

Another street mural
Either Vasco de Gama or Ferdinand Magellan, early Portuguese explorers

More Portuguese explorers

A picturesque bar

An escalator on the subway

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog usually doesn't allow comments so if you can't post them, please email. I'd love to hear from you.