Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The Amazing Architecture of Barcelona

If I had my life to live over I might have become an architect. I am fascinated by beautiful and interesting buildings.

Barcelona has so many architectural gems that Franklin and I walked around looking up all the time to admire everything from gothic masterpieces and Modernista marvels. (Modernista is the term for Catalan art nouveau style buildings largely from the late 1800s through the 1920).

Without further ado here are some gorgeous buildings and interesting architectural details. I am not going to try to identify them.  Just enjoy the eye candy.
































1 comment:

  1. Love your photos of Barcelona, Amy. You really captured a lot of Gaudi structures. More than David & I saw when we were there. I had to smile at the photo of the building with the parasols - we took a pic of that as well. Thanks for posting - I really enjoyed! Wishing you happy travels on the next leg of your continuing journey! Lainie

    ReplyDelete

This blog usually doesn't allow comments so if you can't post them, please email. I'd love to hear from you.